Hakka noodle is yet another Indo-chinese dish which is available everywhere in India. The stalls which offer chinese food make this noodles with their experts hands swiftly handlig pan as they toss the noodles in air and mix them with stir fried vegetables. These are a little oily if ordered in restaurants so I prefer them making at home.
- Hakka Noodle instant--1 packet
- Green/yellow peppers--1 -2 Thinly sliced
- Carrots--1-2 thinly sliced
- Spring onions--chopped finely
- Basil leaves--4-5 or dried basil
- Soya Sauce--1/4 teaspoon
- Chilli sauce--1/4 teaspoon
- Schezwan sauce--1/4 Teaspoon
- Pepper powder--1/4 teaspoon
Boil the water in a pan. Add the noodles and some salt. Boil them until they are soft . Drain in a sieve and pour cold water on them.Keep aside
In a pan or wok heat oil . Toss in the peppers and carrots and stir-fry on a high flame. Add the spring onions and fresh pepper powder. Sprinkle thefresh basil leaves .Add all the noodles and mix with all the sauces one after other. Use two hands with two big spoons to turn the noodles and mix well. Season with salt and serve hot.
Note: Boil the noodles till soft. Keep checking as you boil so that they dont get overcooked and mushy.